View Single Post
Old May 14 2011, 06:24 AM   #631
JD
Admiral

Re: Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

I've been a big Smallville fan off and on since it started (I loved it for the first three or four years, stopped watching for a year or two, and have loved it again for the last three or four years) and IMO this was the perfect way to end the show. Honestly, I think this was one of the best finales I've seen in a while, if not in overall quality, at least in being an appropriate ending for the show. The only real issue I had with it was how quickly they killed off Darkseid, I was expecting this big knock down drag battle that would take up most of the last 10 or 15 minutes, and he killed him in one hit. I absolutely loved the seven years later bit, and TBH it kinda makes me wish they would do a Smallville movie instead of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

Frontier wrote: View Post
To be brief, it was the minimum of what was acceptable. It was a good finale, I liked it. But I wanted more suit time. More close-up suit time. A single long draw-up shot of him from boots to hair in the damn suit.

Good finale, very good. But my desire for more suit will always taint it. It just barely skimmed by on the minimum on that front.
the_wildcard wrote: View Post
Agreed. I just finished watching it and overall I thought it was a great finale. It had its ackward points to say the least....but it started out good, held on and ended okay.

More suit time would have been good and I am curious as to why they never showed him in the full suit up close.
He spent alot more time in the suit than I expected, TBH. I expected the last minute or 30 seconds of the show to be him putting on the suit for the first time and then flying past the camera.