View Single Post
Old May 10 2011, 08:20 PM   #29
JJohnson
Captain

Re: Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

BillJ wrote: View Post
Campe98 wrote: View Post
As a Netflix streamer, I do care about picture quality. You can definitely tell the difference between SD and HD even when it streams.

Having said that, I'm excited to see what they can do with this, but I don't think I'll buy this on Blu-Ray. I don't think TNG has aged all that well, at least enough so I don't want to purchase it.
I'm a Netflix user as well and I can tell a huge difference between SD and HD content.

As far as repurchasing TNG, I'll just have to wait and see. It would have to be a massive upgrade in picture quality and effects to get me to shell out more money on the series.
I would agree. I didn't buy it originally due to the exorbitant prices originally asked for the DVD sets (over $100 if I remember right) when other sets were either $40-50 at the time. Even on blu-ray, I would hope it's under $60 for the set.

For TNG-R, I would expect at least the same treatment as the original series got, and hopefully they can make the LCARS look more 'alive' rather than the half-way 'inserted over video' look it has at times.
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote