View Single Post
Old May 9 2011, 04:45 AM   #235
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: THOR: Grading, Discussion, Review **SPOILERS***

I went into Thor with low expectations. I left Thor with those already low expectations largely unmet. I wasn't expecting Branagh to deliver Henry IV Part 1 meets Lord of the Rings, which is what the material calls for, but I was expecting something a little more involving. Branagh's direction is decent, and he elicits acceptable performances from most of the cast, but the script is a bit rubbish. The story's a schizophrenic mess with an inconsistent tone, poorly thought out fan service, and a lack of balance in its Earth and Asgard storylines. Yes, I liked seeing the Warriors Three, I liked the fish-out-of-water aspect, I even liked seeing the Destroyer on a rampage, but it all added up to something that didn't grip me and left me feeling a bit "meh."

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote