View Single Post
Old May 8 2011, 03:47 AM   #187
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
You described passing out from nerves/a panic attack to a T. I didn't actually go all the way unconscious, but I've been to the edge of it a few times and that is a very, very accurate description. I rarely see something that convincing. But that seemed exactly like how it really happens.
I've been close myself a few times. I'm glad it worked in her case and was obvious what was going wrong without saying "oh, look, she has a panic attack."
Awwwwwww, Aladar and Yassel. Cute, cute, cute all around. I think he would be exactly the gentleman for her. Assuming her family wouldn't force her to marry someone else, the way they forced her into the military.
A few days ago I spent the whole day writing only Aladar and Yassel scenes. And what a day was! Rest assured, there's going to be more I hope you'll like it too.

Now you know why I told you he was unmarried
Yassel's abilities are very interesting. That is a critical skill. You know...you actually have the potential to do something right, that TNG failed at: writing a character with that sort of insight. Already you've given her more depth and interest than Troi, so I think you're well on your way.
I didn't some searching and there's a brain "condition" called "perfect/absolute pitch." While the ability is related to something else, I decided to "modify" it for her brain and give this part of her brain that doesn't remember things something else to do. She hears and recognises sound perfectly and can detect even tiny things that normally people don't hear. It isn't that obvious for her consciously, but it's obvious for her brain. So in the result she can tell things that no one else can. As you can imagine, Zamarran would love to utilise this ability and her non-perfect memory would lose any importance at all. "Pfff, anyone can remember everything, but not everyone can detect a liar by listening to him"