View Single Post
Old May 8 2011, 02:57 AM   #186
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

You described passing out from nerves/a panic attack to a T. I didn't actually go all the way unconscious, but I've been to the edge of it a few times and that is a very, very accurate description. I rarely see something that convincing. But that seemed exactly like how it really happens.

I think maybe Jarol is forcing herself to do something because she feels she should, that she really should not. As I mentioned privately, I am afraid that maybe Colissa's one comment too far (the attack on her motherhood) made it to where she could not rebuild her life at all. I do not think she should be in the military anymore. At first I thought that strictly because I thought she shouldn't have any sort of power and influence. Now, I think it may be critical for her health.

Awwwwwww, Aladar and Yassel. Cute, cute, cute all around. I think he would be exactly the gentleman for her. Assuming her family wouldn't force her to marry someone else, the way they forced her into the military.

Maybe getting lost as he counted was the perfect thing for her to see, too. As I suggested in the art thread about Gul Berat, inattention for whatever reason can cause some of the same effects as a non-eidetic memory. After all, if the DVR keeps channel-surfing, how can it make a perfect recording?

Yassel's abilities are very interesting. That is a critical skill. You know...you actually have the potential to do something right, that TNG failed at: writing a character with that sort of insight. Already you've given her more depth and interest than Troi, so I think you're well on your way.