View Single Post
Old May 6 2011, 08:52 PM   #873
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

Niorah wrote: View Post
Fabulous!
I'm looking around for a good D-SLR myself, anywhere in range from 14 Megapixels and upwards, with killer optics, a good software and the possibility to shoot videos in full HD. Have you had the time to try it out? Would you recommend it?
Software isn't really a consideration for me; I mount the SDHC card and just dump my images into Photoshop for processing. As for optics ... honestly, once you get past the megapixel count, it all comes down to the glass. The nice thing about the Canon EOS mount is that all of the lenses that worked with the film cameras will work just as well on the dSLR bodies. I have a 15mm fisheye, an 18-55mm short-range zoom, an 18-90mm zoom, and a 70-300mm telephoto. All of them are IS lenses.

It does shoot HD video, though I think it's only 720p (could be wrong -- I have my own HD video cameras, so I haven't really had a reason to mess around with the dSLR's video capabilities). It certainly won't be up to the standards of the 5D cameras they were using on House or other shows.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I've been out of SLR photography for almost a year, so it's been a bit of a re-learning process for me, but once I remembered depth-of-field and other techniques, it's like riding a bike.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote