View Single Post
Old May 4 2011, 01:37 PM   #248
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Star Trek: TNG: Indistinguishable From Magic Review Thread

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
I also enjoyed the Doctor Who references (Gallifrey as one of the publisher locations and another that I've now forgotten because its been a few weeks since I've read the book).
There's only one *deliberate* one in the text, which I've yet to see spotted, though people have pegged "...the size of belgium" and "very very not good", which are phrases that came out subconsciously (or in the case of Belgium, was intended as a HHGTTG ref)
Ah, the Belgium reference is what I was trying to remember. Clearly, I need to go back and reread The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (or finally listen to the radio series beyond the first one).

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Since I'm not an inveterate DW fan, though I do like the show, I doubt I even noticed it. Would you PM me with the reference if I swore never to reveal it to another until someone else does?

I moved over to the US before the last episode of the 2009 season and refuse to pay for BBC America so I can watch one or two TV shows so I haven't even seen any with the new guy. Hoping for Netflix to get more than the 2007 on instant.
Let's just say it's a reference to a Tom Baker story from the 70s, so you wouldn't notice anyway... It's not an important thing.
Hmmm...I think I must've missed it. Now I'm curious as to what it was.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote