Thread: Fitness Checkin
View Single Post
Old May 4 2011, 02:58 AM   #584
John O.
Rear Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

I've been resting for 2 days. 2 days is the most I have rested in a row in several months, and I'm considering going 3 because I've written a new workout that I'm going to try and it's brutal, I'm going to need to be 100% to even try it. I posted this as a note on FB. Nevermind the motivational intro, I wrote it right after the news broke I'll stick it in quotes...

2011 ABBOTTABAD CHALLENGE

Today, the men and women of the United States Armed Forces rejoice in the successful completion of a mission objective set down almost 10 years ago; the capture or killing of a war criminal, a tyrant, a deceiver of faithful, a killer of children and seeder of hate.

The achievement of this feat slips far above our lowly brows on the shoulders of the mighty warriors of the west; a new breed of soldier scholars and warrior monks: United States Navy SEALs. In the rarefied air of the SEAL way of life; humps are measured in days, runs are measured in hours, and challenges are measured in terms only the Olympians of Old can fully appreciate. The physical thresholds are daunting; the mental stamina the stuff of hero legends.

In honor of the commitment, fortitude, and precision craftsmanship with which U.S. Navy SEALs conduct their thankless careers of self-sacrifice, I have devised a workout based on SEAL Candidate training, Crossfit, and Kokoro Camp Training. Each phase of this workout is loosely based on the phases of a covert action plan similar to the one conducted 1 May 2011 to the successful assassination of Usama bin Laden.

Standard: 2:00:00 – 2:30:00
Silver: 1:30:00 – 2:00:00
Gold: 1:30:00 or less

First, warm up and stretch. The next 2 hours are going to be the most painful of your life (unless you’re SEALFit).

Complete for time.

--

Stealth Ingress

1. 100 meter low crawl
Alternative: Tabata (x8) Dumbbell Lunges – 25lbs – 30 seconds on / 30 seconds off

2. Tabata Planks (x8) – 60 seconds on / 30 seconds off

Scaling the Wall

1. Rope Climb Machine – Climb 100 meters at maximum difficulty
Alternative: 100 pullups, underhand

2. Wall Hand Stands – maximum in 2:00

Crossing the Courtyard

1. 400m sprint – 4
2. 1.5 mile timed run

Defeat the Enemy

1. 2 lb Weighted Shadow Boxing – 5:00
Alternative: Cable Punches – 20 lb – 5:00

2. Burpees – 250