View Single Post
Old May 3 2011, 01:24 PM   #238
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Star Trek: TNG: Indistinguishable From Magic Review Thread

This book didn't work too well for me (a lot of the reasons having been covered in this thread), but I have to say that I loved the Life on Mars reference. I felt a bit obtuse at first because I could feel something was being referred to. I immediately shook off "Dylan Hunt" but then I saw the Manchester and Nelson references and I thought "Duh...brilliant! " From there out, Tyler Hunt was John Simm in my mind. Pity he didn't survive, especially since I thought there was something more than meet's the eye about him.

I also enjoyed the Doctor Who references (Gallifrey as one of the publisher locations and another that I've now forgotten because its been a few weeks since I've read the book).

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote