View Single Post
Old May 1 2011, 06:23 PM   #1516
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Expo67 wrote: View Post
I don't know how this film is going to be as good as the 1978 Richard Donner version, let alone his version of(as well as the cinematic edition of)1980's Superman II.
And you don't know that it's not going to be either. At the minute, we have no idea how it will turn out.

All I can say is this. They should replace Kevin Costner with another actor to play Jonathan Kent.
Could you elaborate on this? I personally think that the all-American squeaky-clean decency that Costner has given in the likes of Field of Dreams, The Untouchables etc makes him perfect for this role, even if he's not the most diverse actor in the world.

Let alone find an American actor to play The Man Of Steel.

No offense to Henry Cavill(or whatever his name is), but having a British actor play the Son of Jor-El doesn't seem like the right fit.

The same could be said for this American actor playing General Zod.
There's an Australian playing Wolverine and another playing Thor, an Englishman playing Batman and another playing Spider-man, The Joker has been played by an Australian, Ra's Al Ghul and the Scarecrow were played by Irishmen, Mr Fantastic by a Welshman, The Red Skull by an Australian ... but you object to the casting of Kryptonians by an Englishman and American, respectively? Riiiiiiiiiight .....

Last edited by Captaindemotion; May 1 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Captaindemotion is online now   Reply With Quote