View Single Post
Old May 1 2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Eyes
Commodore

View Eyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2011 (Düsseldorf, Germany)

Well, from the few I've listened to, it seems the quality of the contest is so much higher than last year. Last year, I only enjoyed Greece and Azerbaijan. Even Lena was quite boring for me.

My top 5... From what I've listened to... Sweden, Azerbaijan, Hungary, Belarus, and the UK.
(Yes, I'm biased, but it's actually an amazing song this time, by someone who's had a hit before in the UK. The past few years, we've only sent some nobody with a mediocre song nobody knows, and then we're surprised when we come last.
I Can has just been released in the UK, and it's already in the top 20 on Itunes. I think we could get top 5... hopefully)

Agreed on Hungary and Belarus. The latter screams guilty pleasure (like Greece was last year), and Hungary is brilliant from one listen, and so is Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijani keep making good songs.

Sweden's also quite popular, . I think they could be a bit of a dark horse.

Russia, Azerbaijan, Sweden, Hungary, and Georgia should get to the final. I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland doesn't make it. I mean... Jedward?

As for who'll win, I couldn't call. I'd love the UK to win (It's been too long), but I don't see any of the other big 5's getting close. Lena won once, I don't think she'll repeat the feat. Hopefully Hungary or Sweden will win.