Thread: Fitness Checkin
View Single Post
Old April 30 2011, 04:33 AM   #574
John O.
Rear Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Over/under, in theory, is easier on your grip and therefore allows you to hold heavier weight. I personally think the over/under grip is awkward and uncomfortable, so I never do it. I always do over/over for deadlifts, and I do under/under for bent-over rows.
I like over/under bc it's how I learned to do deadlift back in HS and it just feels more natural and my balance is better.

I'm transitioning into a routine w/ more cardio. This week was hell cuz I hadn't done much cardio in awhile so it's one of those things where you forget how to push through the pain. Today was good tho... I did arms only (when I was focusing on lifts I was doing like, 3 muscles a day), then I did about 3.5 miles of interval running, changing it up every 2-5 minutes, and then I was going to go home but it was absolutely beautiful out which is really unusual here, so when I got home I changed into fresh clothes and jogged up the street about a mile to this KFC where there's a tree with a perfect pullup branch and did about 45 or 50 pullups in sets of 10 and then jogged back home, great day.
Trip n' T'Pol are Alive and Well at Triaxian Silk
John O. is offline   Reply With Quote