View Single Post
Old April 28 2011, 12:39 PM   #82
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Trek: DTI: Watching The Clock Review Thread

aaon80 wrote: View Post
Hi Christopher, Still reading, but I just loved...

Loving the book so far, currently ranking it near Ex Machina, my favorite Trek book of yours, and indeed of the franchise.
Thanks! As for the spoiler, no, you caught all the references of that particular type. I considered including the thing you suggest, but I couldn't figure out a suitably concise description and I didn't really have the opportunity.

However, there are plenty of in-jokes in character names and the like.

Freman wrote: View Post
Are there any sneaky little mentions of the Star Trek: Online alternate future in this book? Grabbing it for sure on the 9th when I head into the city.
Nothing from ST:O, no. I'm not very familiar with it, and I don't really think of it as something that can fit into the same Trek continuity as the novels, even as an alternate timeline. I mean, there are so many game-oriented things about it that could never be true in the "real" Trek universe, like the absurdly gigantic "sets" to allow virtual camera movement, the way every player is instantly a captain with one's own ship, the way every specific mission gets played over and over again by different people, etc.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote