Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 28 2011, 10:51 AM   #749
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Well it snowed for the first time on my world for the first time and it appears as if Fort Binky is now in a snow biome...mostly. When it happened the first time I was out past the farm enclosure working on the transit station for the great western highway, so when I got back to the keep, I found the snow ended right smack in the middle of the courtyard so only half the area was covered in snow! Luckily when it snowed a second time I was closer and made my way to the front gate and now it's all even. For a minute there I thought it might be stuck looking that stupid!

Oh and it seems the new biome has brought wolf spawning to the keep too as I went outside to find the grass strewn with blocks of wool and turned just in time to see two wolves pounce on a hapless sheep....and land right smack into my spider proof lava wall. Though I managed to save one with a bone I had handy and he now sits in the keep. I only take him out to help me clear out the mobs in the mornings.

I'm actually a bit worried about the lightning since two of my houses are mostly wood and have wooden stairs for a roof so a fire would be devastating. I think the ability to craft a lightning rod would be a great idea and it could even be put so some use...say like (off the top of my head) converting redstone to something new (like the way a furnace works) say...bluestone? Works the same as redstone but can carry a charge over a longer distance?

P.S. Since I only just discovered how to take screenshots, here's some progress on my great western highway.

Needless to say I'm starting to run low on iron!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote