View Single Post
Old April 27 2011, 07:20 PM   #47
captcalhoun
Admiral

Re: THOR: Grading, Discussion, Review **SPOILERS***

REVIEW: SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW. DON'T READ IF YOU'RE SPOILER-PHOBIC!!!

YOUR LAST CHANCE TO CLICK AWAY NOW....

OH. MY. GOD. it's AWESOME!
Where do i start? the direction's great. the acting's good. the FX are amazing. Chris Hemsworth really sells being the arrogant, but still likeable God, Hopkins is brilliant as Odin. Tom Hiddlestone is suitably creepy as Loki and Natalie Portman handles the technobabble well as Jane Foster, as well as being hot as per. Despite some people's fears, Kat Dennings' Darcy is good as the light relief as well as providing the need for the plot dumps for the audience (like what a Einstein-Rosen Bridge is - a wormhole, known to the Asgardians as the Bifrost Bridge.)

The story barrels along at a fair clip. Switching from Asgard to Earth and back quite well, as well as visiting Jotunheim.

Hawkeye's appearance is brief, but is well played. Look forward to Agent Barton's full appearance next year in Avengers.

Stan gets a great little cameo - WITH DIALOGUE!

The Warriors Three and Sif are a great little group and provide some of the light relief too, I kinda hope they get a bigger role in Thor 2. They also provide a great gag - a SHIELD agent sees them on Earth and reports in that they've got 'Xena, Jackie Chan, Robin Hood and...' before being cut off but an edit.

Thor does fly, several times, with the Hammer and does spin the Hammer a few times too. The Destroyer's impressive. Fury only appears in the post-credits scene which appears to set up Avengers.

the credits end with 'Thor will return in The Avengers'...
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote