Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old April 25 2011, 04:22 PM   #180
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

-Brett- wrote: View Post
Shepard faces full-on bosses in the game’s story. Some are really huge. One part, you have to lure a Reaper up to a Thresher Maw so they can duke it out.
I certainly hope this makes more sense in the game than it does in the article.

Or, on the other hand, there's this.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
The Normandy appears to have a new coat of paint, and possibly armour. The paint-job has a symbol that's slightly spoilery, so don't click if you don't want to know.

http://kotaku.com/#!5795227/mass-effects-normandy-has-a-new-coat-of-paint
All I want to know is; will they let me wander around the cargo bay this time!? I know it's seriously petty but it honestly bugged me that there was a part of the ship I could see but not explore.

HotRod wrote: View Post
I can't really say I'm too worried. By this point, atleast when it comes to Mass Effect, I have complete faith in Bioware not to screw up their perfect hat trick. This is not something I've ever been able to say about any other game studio, but god help me, I'm 100% sure Mass Effect 3 will be a game of epic proportions and likely take GOTY.
Well I wouldn't go that far, but I agree, the odds of this being crap are decidedly slim. The only thing that concerns me is what feels like a relatively short development cycle and I worry that this is something imposed by EA to cash in on the success and acclaim of ME2 while people still remember it...you know, like how Dragon Age 2 was released only three quarters done and even that with some major short-cuts.

On the other hand, assuming they've been working on ME3 for at least a year and have as rumoured been using the DLC to prototype and test certain things they wanted to include in ME3 than perhaps it's not quite as bad as it seems.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote