Thread: Lis Sladen
View Single Post
Old April 23 2011, 11:54 PM   #296
Starkers
Admiral

Re: Lis Sladen

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Call me a cold bastard or something similar, but I wasn't that moved by it, but then again, I didn't cry last year when my step father died, and only cried a few times since my grandfather died!
OK, you're a cold bastard....or something similar

Not a huge deal though. Some people just don't get as emotional as others. But you might consider some therapy, just as a precaution.
I don't see why someone needs therapy because they don't cry. I can sympathise with Dimesdan, the day after my dad died I bawled my eyes out, but since that day I've cried precisly once, grief is an odd thing, and it manifests itself in many ways. As a freind of mine whose a mental health nurse say, people deal with things differently, and there is no right way. My sister keeps having bad days, but she doesn't dream about him, which I do, so each of us is dealing with the loss in different ways. I wonder how many people in therapy are there because other people have made them think they aren't dealing with something the 'right' way?

Time to quote Kerr Avon I think. "I have never understood why it should be neccesary to become emotional to prove that you care, or why it should be neccesary to prove it at all."

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote