Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 22 2011, 03:08 AM   #683
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
Epic house. But I'd watch out for those trees in the background if I were you, you never know when they might turn on you.

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
Yep. I poored water on a large lava lake that I had found down in my mine.
When that was mined out, I built one of those obsidian generators, that turn redstone into obsidian without wasting the lava source block in the process.
I hadn't heard of this so I just looked it up. Man, that's one crazy glitch.

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
What the heck? I think I killed my dog. I eventually found one awhile ago, and I've just been working on a long ladder, and as I'm coming down for the day, I hear its cries. I couldn't see where it was, but I think I landed on it. Last thing I saw was a 'poof', like something being killed.
Yeah, you have to be careful with those dogs, they're very stupid. I usually set mine to sit somewhere because she's always hurting herself or nudging me while I'm trying to work. These days I only bring her with me if I'm exploring a cave because helping protect me from monsters is all she's good for.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Ben - I think I managed to fix the bed problem. Just get rid of any nearby dirtblocks.
All my walls are lined with smooth stone, so that can't be it.

I read a suggestion that this could be an unintended consequence of the pathfinding fix for dogs that allows them to walk through doors, so now monsters can find a path to your bed too. It's plausible, but surely mobs can only find a path through a door when it's open.