View Single Post
Old April 22 2011, 01:54 AM   #9
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

^
Yes, both novels overlap. A Feast of Crows is actually only half of a novel, with A Dance of Dragons being the other half - A Feast of Crows includes only some of the viewpoint characters, while A Dance With Dragons will include the rest. In A Feast of Crows, you get Samwell, Jaime, Arya, Sansa, but not Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon or Davos. It works far better then it sounds, honestly.

Now, since the series has been renewed through to the second season, I have to admit to wondering if they'll really use digital/makeup stuff to remove Dinklage's nose. It seems like a fair bit of work, I'm betting we're far more likely to see an easier-to-apply-but-still-fairly-unsightly scar on his face.

And I'm just very curious in general who they'll get to play Brienne of Tarth. I don't suppose I'd be alone in saying I rather liked that character and I want someone of shall we say appropriate attractiveness in the role.