View Single Post
Old April 22 2011, 01:32 AM   #7
JD
Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
JD asked the following spoiler-encoded question in the other thread:

I know in the book Ned, Drogo, Viserys, and Robert all end up dead. So I was just curious if they continue to cover the same amount of the book in future episodes, how long can we expect to see those characters?
Viserys will obviously die in the sixth episode. The episode title makes that clear. Ned will certainly die in the season finale. How about Drogo and Robert? Which episodes are they likely to die in? It's been a while since I've read the first book.

Edit to add: refreshing my memory of the book, it looks like Drogo will die in the season finale, too.
Shurik wrote: View Post
I think Robert will die in the 6th or 7th episode, Ned in 9th (probably a cliffhanger ending which will make everyone who didn't read the books go "WTF?!? NO WAY THEY JUST KILLED THEIR MAIN STAR!) and Drogo in 10th.
Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
^^^
Oh, yeah, you're right actually. After all, the ninth episode is entitled "Baelor", which must be a reference to Ned's death at the Great Sept.
Cool. I didn't expect them to be around that long, from the stuff I've skimmed on the net while reading the book it sounded like they died alot earlier in the story.
EDIT: I just remembered what I read on wikipedia about Viserys's death, and why The Golden Crown signals his death. Definitely not a pleasant way to go.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)

Last edited by JD; April 22 2011 at 01:50 AM.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote