Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 19 2011, 12:23 AM   #611
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

I on the other hand think I would get bored without the monsters. It just adds that extra bit of a challenge. Not to mention goodies like bones, arrows, and dungeons.

As for the Nether, to me its pretty much useless after I've harvested a couple stacks of netherrack and glowdust. Plus its so damn dark I'm afraid to wander far for fear of taking a header off a cliff.

I never could figure out how to do a portal system (not that I do that much long distance travelling anyway).
Otoh, its not THAT hard to survive down there. Just bring lots of torches and cobble and get a wall up around the portal asap.

Minecraft vids? Coe is cool, but I'm also a big fan of Yogscast. They've turned the game into a giant adventure game.

And yeah, I'm with Robert. A screen full of checkboxes so you can customize the game to your hearts content would be great.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote