Thread: Teeth
View Single Post
Old April 17 2011, 06:11 AM   #11
Too Much Fun
Commodore

Re: Teeth

I really, really liked this movie. Usually I refuse to see a movie until I've read up on it a lot beforehand, because I'm so afraid of wasting time watching a movie I don't like when there are so many classics I need to see. I made an exception for this one because it was sort of forced on me.

I was with a friend at another friend's house and he asked us to watch it with him, so I decided to give it a shot since I hadn't heard anything bad (or good) about it. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was a very cool and original horror comedy (we don't get many of those these days, at least not that I'm aware of), and I fully expected it to gain a cult following, at which point I could proudly say I knew about it before it was cool.

Four years later, I'm disappointed that it seems to be toiling in relative obscurity. Oddly enough, it is not (as I had suspected) the work of an up-and-coming young director, but rather a 50 year old guy directing his first full-length movie. I wonder if it would be better known if it had been done by an ambitious young filmmaker who could be prolific making flicks year after year since.

Two last things I want to mention - first, how impressed I was by the female lead, who reminded me of a young Drew Barrymore. I really thought she'd go places after I saw this. Second, I loved the ending. It was like a great, darkly humourous punchline that the whole movie had built up to.
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote