Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 17 2011, 04:51 AM   #590
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Feh. You guys are lucky. Try going out and harvesting several hundred blocks of wool!

I have been saving wool since I started this world though and any sheep (and chickens) coming across my way get converted into resources. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Minecraft.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Iasius wrote: View Post
Any suggestions? I've been thinking about building a nice and large residence for myself somewhere, but I don't really know what it should look like.
You could build an underwater glass base, they're cool places to hang out. They take a lot of work, but it makes for a great spectacle at night. (If you do decide to make one, wait until 1.5 because they're reverting the water-flows so they're not so difficult to walk against.)
I've been thinking about doing that and I probably will at some point, but for now I like to build a nice and large building on land somewhere I think. I might just go with your suggestion once 1.5 rolls around, as you say, should be easier than in the current version.

Actually, I'm pretty certain by now my next building will be in this style, often called Niedersachsenhaus. It used to be the way many buildings were constructed in the area I grew up in.

I have about 300 blocks of bricks, I think that may be enough, but the roof will be more difficult to replicate. It was often made with a thatched roof. I might go for a particular colored wool for that.

Last edited by Iasius; April 17 2011 at 05:17 AM.
Iasius is offline   Reply With Quote