Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 17 2011, 04:18 AM   #589
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Iasius wrote: View Post
Any suggestions? I've been thinking about building a nice and large residence for myself somewhere, but I don't really know what it should look like.
You could build an underwater glass base, they're cool places to hang out. They take a lot of work, but it makes for a great spectacle at night. (If you do decide to make one, wait until 1.5 because they're reverting the water-flows so they're not so difficult to walk against.)

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
Where do you people find the time to build all these elaborate houses? Mine is still pretty much a cobblestone shack (albeit a floating one) compared to your (multiple) living spaces.
I started mine over six months ago, so I've had plenty of time to add to my main house. It started out as a small wood shack on my first night, now it's a fortress with a town around it. For most of my first two weeks it was a tiny two-room keep, I just kept expanding it whenever I had time and resources to do so. The town itself took almost two weeks of me playing around two hours a day, and a little more over the last few days to get it finished.

I still have some finishing touches to put on it, but I'm reasonably pleased with the end result. If anyone is interested, I can post my updated world once I'm done.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Feh. You guys are lucky. Try going out and harvesting several hundred blocks of wool!
Oh no, not again.