Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 15 2011, 06:40 AM   #569
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: Minecraft

Going back to reply to some things I meant to cover sooner.
Canadave wrote: View Post
I swear I become ADD when I play Minecraft, these days. My thought process in MP this afternoon was "MAKE A WATERFALL! NO EXPLORE! STOP AND BUILD A HUT! NO A FENCE AND A BRIDGE! COME BACK AND WORK ON CASTLE! GO MINE! MINE MINE MINE!"
Oh lord tell me about it. I was walking out to look for sheep yesterday and passed by the giant waterfall by my house and said to myself "Self, I bet a pathway behind the waterfall would be really cool. Soon the pathway turned into a small room with walls made of water. Then a second room. Then before I knew it, I was building a spiral staircase up through the mountain and back to the yard outside my treehouse with a nice little railing around it. Ugh. It just never stops.

Hoser wrote: View Post
I mostly build stuff so my son can run around inside and do whatnot to it. He's burnt down the pirate ship I've built him several times....I just finished off a tunnel to an undersea dome facility. I can't wait to see him drown it.

Today was a day of slimes. I've never seen them before, then today as I exited a monster trap area I came acrossed a herd of the little guys. I wish I could make them pets.
Thats one of the things I love about this game. Its apropriate for all ages. I hope you've got your game backed up so you don't have to keep rebuilding that ship.

Yeah, I have a couple of slimes down in my mine. The smaller ones are okay, but the huge ones pack quite a punch. They're fine unless there are lava pools around that they can bump you into.

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
^^

There might be an above-ground lava source nearby (which is a VERY rare and neat occurrence). If there is, mark the location somehow and build a house around it.
I have a couple of those on my current map. Just friggin cool. One is a huge pool. The other is flowing out of a cliffside into the water.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; April 15 2011 at 09:25 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote