View Single Post
Old April 13 2011, 02:36 AM   #64
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Re: Carrie Underwood: Babe of the week #15 (Apr. 2011)

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
You know in all seriousness, I can't really wrap my mind around the concept that a certain gal isn't really hot simply because there might be another gal similar looking or better looking. And this is why I'm struggling with these "generic" comments. It seems almost as if that's the standard we're going to apply, are hardly any of these "babes" worthy of a "thumbs up?"

I'm guessing I'm saying I don't "grade on a curve."
Everybody has an ideal, whether they realize it or not. You have to or you can't properly determine hotness on any scale. It's not about grading on a curve. In your mind, Carrie Underwood is hot according to some standard. You just aren't conscious of it. You see her as hot, period.

I have a standard. I compare every woman to the ones I consider the Hottest on The Planet (a list they're not even considered for if they're not brunette) followed by the Hottest of the Rest, followed Generally hot, followed by "Women People keep telling me are Hot but I just don't see it." For me, Carrie Underwood falls somewhere in between the last two categories.
I don't think we're on same page. IF I understood a previous post, you seemed to be suggesting that Carrie Underwood is a sideways in your world because there are a "bazillion other blondes" out there, some of which are much hotter.

For me, that's irrelevant. She is or she isn't hot/pretty/whatever based on her merits alone, not how she stacks up against the other "bazillion blondes." Are some of them pretty than her? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean she's not pretty in her own right.

But again I say "different strokes for different folks." There is no right or wrong answer, we just look at things different.