View Single Post
Old April 11 2011, 06:27 AM   #163
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral
Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Man...for a moment, I really thought Jarol was about to lie to her son that she thought it was wrong, and then participate in another coup--this time to do it to aliens (and who knows, maybe Cardassia did that to Bajor). That would've been a crime deserving of execution.

Thankfully she didn't go that route. That showed there's something good in her.

I hope it makes her think, that Lau thought she might be a dangerous tool that could be used to do things that are truly unethical...and I don't mean "against the Prime Directive," because I think the Prime Directive can be really stupid in situations like that. (On that, I think the Federation is wrong.) And these lawyers are doubly stupid. Repairing these people's sun without their knowing should've been the OBVIOUS option. "Natural development" my ass.

But the fact that Lau came to her and said, "Hey, I want you to destabilize an alien government because I know you had no scruples about doing it on your world"...yeah, that's going to really strike a nerve for sure.
Are you a Cardassian fan, citizen? Prove your loyalty--check out my fanfic universe, Star Trek: Sigils and Unions. Or keep the faith on my AU Cardassia, Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius!
Nerys Ghemor is offline   Reply With Quote