View Single Post
Old April 11 2011, 02:24 AM   #203
SRFX
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

HOPE AND FEAR - 4x26 - 4/5

Things start with more of the usual self righteous Janeway bullshit that keeps getting shoved down Seven's (and the audience's) throat. Fortunately, Seven balances this with a healthy amount of opposition.

The episode is yet another "you know they'll fail to get home" story, but of course, like with Eye of the Needle, if the fail is spectacular enough, I'll bite.

It's a little predictable, with Arturis obviously being too good to be true. But revealing his motives to be the repercussions of Voyager assisting the Borg is great, and I'm glad this was touched upon. It gives him an added dimension and I can't help but feel sorry for him, as sits on his ship, alone, waiting for the end.

There's a couple goofy moments, such as there being this huge obvious button underneath a huge obvious console on the bridge that switches everything to bad guy mode. Clearly Harry and Tuvok didn't check things over closely enough.

Overall, a nice season end-er and an interesting choice to not leave us with a cliffhanger.
Malcolm Reed & Charles Tucker III
SRFX is offline   Reply With Quote