View Single Post
Old April 10 2011, 07:53 AM   #82
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: What next for Mass Effect?

Reverend wrote: View Post
No, it's written by William C. Dietz. A quick google turns up quite a few sci-fi novels I've never heard of--not that I'm much of an educated judge of what's notable outside the 'greats'--plus a handful of books for licensed IPs including Star Wars and Halo. Never read any of them myself so I have no idea if he's any good.
I've read Halo: The Flood, so let me break down how this book is gonna play out.

It will read like this:

"Main Character goes here. He shoots people, then his boss tells him to go somewhere else. He goes somewhere else and His Boss says "meet These Dudes who will be absolutley unimportant from here on in". Then Main Character goes somewhere else and shoots guys.

So, These Dudes get ambushed by The Reapers, who do stuff they would never do in the games. "We are The Reapers," they say, "our motivations are now simplistic humanoid avarice, despite what has been established to the contrary", so then These Dudes get killed by The Reapers and His Boss is all like " o noes".

Main Character kicks butt and gets away."

I just saved everyone from a couple of days worth of reading.

Jono wrote: View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned, they are going to do an animated Mass Effect film. Announcement here, not much info yet on what it will be about though.

They are also doing a Dragon Age anime, which at this point is due later this year.
I hope they aren't as meh as Halo: Legends.

Or any of the video-game based animations, for that matter.