View Single Post
Old April 8 2011, 08:07 PM   #60
Supreme Dittodrone
Vice Admiral

Re: Poll: Future of DS9 (unofficial fellow reader/writer opinions)

Halliwell wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
How's about, say, a new Star Trek: Section 31 series?

An actual series, this time--focusing on Julian, Ezri, and Sarina--with T'Laan and her division of The Bureau, of course.

And of course--

Nope.

Kestrel wrote: View Post
The only way to make 31 work would be to pull a Torchwood on it - burn the whole thing down, clean it out, and start over again.
Not necessarily. That's certainly a way, but not the only way.

And even then it would need to be under somebody's purview and face a lot of criticism.
Yes, and yes. I'd be glad to volunteer--just a few "loose ends" to tie up....

Also, there's no good reason for Dax and Aventine to be involved; let them have their own adventures. Especially given Ezri's latest encounter with what secrets do to a society, she's the last person who should be sanctioning 31.
Well, let's see...the mission involved her doing what was necessary, and having the government spin it to keep the real events secret.

Besides, who say's she'd be sanctioning it, per se? After all, because of T'Laan, her personal life now has a great big headache.

Furthermore...one would thing Bashir would be "the last person who should be sanctioning 31"--and yet...

I do like the idea that somebody had upthread of a "reunion" book - 2013 will be the 20th Anniversary of the show after all.
On here, we agree.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Supreme Dittodrone is offline   Reply With Quote