Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 5 2011, 06:50 PM   #463
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Minecraft

Cutter John wrote: View Post
*currently taking all my willpower to NOT make a snarky comment about Roberts new avatar.
My new profile is entirely in jest, so snarky comments are welcome.

Kimi3013 wrote: View Post
There was a post by notch ages ago about floating blocks, and how he didn't like them. He said something about not getting rid of them, but maybe making you need to use some Obsidian to keep them floating. Or something like that.
That would be a fail of epic proportions. Imagine updating your game then logging in just in time to see your unsupported structures and floating islands all come crashing to the ground.
I foresee a mod that will do this so people can record it and post it on YouTube. The Skyfall Mod!

Robert - Thats how my minecart system got started in my previous world. I put down random torches in the area around my house, then next time I respawned, I put down a trail of blocks leading from the spawnpoint back to closest torch. Eventually it turned into a raised pathway and a tiny shelter by the spawnpoint then later a stone tower and track system.
Yeah, once I get enough iron I will probably lay down some minecarts. So far, we're all keeping our structures connected, primarily through existing underground caves. It's kind of nice to have a house built into the walls of a cave.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote