View Single Post
Old April 4 2011, 08:54 PM   #115
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: TNG: Indistinguishable From Magic Review Thread

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Warp Coil wrote: View Post
I also couldn't help but roll my eyes a little at the sheer amount of Small Universe Syndrome going on here. The novel really has felt like some sort of TNG guest star all-star reunion or something (Guinan, Scotty, Leah, Barclay, Ogowa, Rasmussen, Bok). I still have yet to understand why Guinan is aboard (but I suspect by the end of the novel it will make more sense), and I don't see any need to have brought in Barclay and Ogowa when they were already playing roles in other series (VOY and TTN).
Originally it was just Geordi, but CBS asked for more familiar characters, so that's what they got...

Anyways, the book isn't a bad read, but I just am not really sure where the plot is going and it feels a little sloppy in execution.
I do have a love it or hate it style... (editorial chaos aside)
I definitely noticed the 'originally two books' thing (which is hard to miss) but I quite enjoyed the book. Glad Geordi got his due.