Ditto. Points for
- expanding the Trek lore with a story about a central character's past and a popular alien world's intriguing particulars
- nonchalantly introducing alien characters that fall right into place: this Andorian that could have been Spock, the chick in the history team, assorted Vulcan fauna...
- presenting beautiful Vulcan vistas
- dealing with death like Vulcans would, with just the right mixture of passion and cold logic
- giving a time travel story with at least an ounce of sense
- doing it with the established and popular Guardian of Forever...
The Practical Joker gets points for showing a few seldom visited areas of the ship, but that's about it.