Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old April 2 2011, 04:52 AM   #432
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Over the past few days, I have been working on a tunnel connecting my main fortress with my upgraded monster trap facility and ever since I tamed that wolf this afternoon she has been following me into the tunnels and making the work feel less lonely. This evening, I had just completed the tunnel and was taking the inaugural walk through it when my game crashed to the black screen of death and I had to reload. When I went back, not only had the tunnel reverted to an incomplete state, but my wolf was gone. It's one thing to lose her to my own stupidity, it's another thing to lose her because of a stupid glitch I've been experiencing since the new save format was implemented.

So I went back to work on the tunnel, which was about 10 minutes away from completion, and when I made the breakthrough and connected the two tunnels, there's my wolf sitting on the other side waiting for me. Before the crash, I had been working on the tunnel from the other side and while doing that I must have told her to sit so she wouldn't annoy me, and when I was forced to reload the game she must have reloaded in that position. That sure was a relief.