View Single Post
Old April 2 2011, 02:50 AM   #28
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

More casting news via TheOneRing.Net:

Joining the all-star cast is actor Stuart Townsend as the grim and heroric Bard. Bard is a skilled archer from the town of Dale, who finds himself holding the fate of his people on the string of his bow. Stuart is no stranger to Middle-earth as he was originally cast as Aragorn in the Oscar-winning “The Lord of the Rings” Trilogy but left the production for personal reasons. “This is a great chance for Stuart to return to Middle-earth and bring his immeasurable talents to the production,” said casting director Thomas Williams.

Saiorse Ronan also joins the cast in the role of Itaril, a quick and lithe Silvan elf who is dedicated to protecting the Elf King of Mirkwood. Ms. Ronan was previously directed by Peter Jackson in 2009′s critically acclaimed ‘The Lovely Bones.’
While I think it's cool that Stuart Townsend is getting a second chance at Middle-Earth fame (although I had been hoping the age-old fan rumor of David Tennant portraying Bard would come true), I'm not terribly keen on this entirely new character played by Saiorse Ronan. I'm a fan of the actress and I'm sure she'll do a great job with the role, I just don't see it necessary. Only time will tell.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote