View Single Post
Old April 1 2011, 03:43 AM   #4
Fleet Captain
Re: World Of Warcraft?

They didn't do a COMPLETE rebuild, but they did redo all of the 1-60 content that was in the original game. Some of it's the same, but most of it has been changed. So in a way, they did do a rebuild. I'm not sure why people are migrating to Rift because it's basically the same damn game with some minor differences and an inferior look... Maybe those minor differences are enough, I don't know.

I do think there's some definite WoW burnout going on though. I think TOR is really going to get a lot of players who are just looking for something new and not necessarily in a fantasy setting. I know I wish Star Trek Online had been more fun, but alas, it wasn't. I'm MMO-less right now after cancelling my WoW account a couple months ago and I know I want something, but Rift just ain't it.

Edit: Oh, and they have stated time and again that their new MMO is NOT World of Starcraft. It'll be interesting to see if that holds true or not, but I don't think they'll go that route personally.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.
Bishop76 is offline   Reply With Quote