View Single Post
Old March 30 2011, 11:54 PM   #12
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Poll: Future of DS9 (unofficial fellow reader/writer opinions)

It took me a while to understand what the choices in the poll really were. Ah, well....

Anyway, I'd prefer a novel/trilogy/whatever basically paying off the Ascendents build-up.

Hey--I guraran-darn-tee you it's going to happen eventually. It took years for Pocket to FINALLY give Diane Duane the go-ahead for the last Rihannsu novel--but they did deliver. And sooner or later, when Pocket gets back in shape...we'll see the conclusion.

A novel or miniseries with Odo and Laas as the new, superior rulers of the Dominion would be great, too. With Odo in particular...I can easily see a new and lasting friendship with the Federation.

Hmm...should help a bit with the Typhon Pact, should the Breen and Tholians start to get pushy....

Now, as to "new cast or old"...really--unless the Ascendents-conclusion introduces some new, superb, dynamic characters to take the reins--unlikely--than I'd say the cow's been milked, and we can go back to the novels' "present" without any complaints.
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote