View Single Post
Old March 29 2011, 10:33 PM   #43
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Consoles Are Fun!

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Where?!?!
Gamestop. It was for 99 cents, and I took it home and found the disc to be unplayable. Took it back, they gave me one of the discs out of the $4.99 used sleeve at no extra charge.

Mario and Mario Kart are the worst ever made, so pass, honestly I played the hell out of Mario Kart 64 and the GC one is horrible and Mario Sunshine should pretend never was made.

Beyond Good and Evil is an amazing game, buy that. F-Zero GX is one of, if not the best racing games ever made, it looks beautiful even to this day. It was even made by Sega. Super Monkey Ball 1 is great, the sequel is based on luck and not skill, I can't stand it. Viewtifull Joe is great too, really pretty game. Buy Animal Crossing because it has Nintendo (NES) games like Donkey Kong in it. Chibi-robo is the craziest game ever made, if you can find it buy it.

Your best best is still Gamestop in my opinion because Flea Markets still charge $1-$2 for used VHS and $4-6 for used DVDs that I can find for $5 new. When the system was dying I found several games like something Wars, Chibi-Robo, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (played with drums!) and others for $10 a piece new. So even know they are normally pretty cheap.

The next game you should get is F-Zero GX.
Yes, I want that one, too. I also found the Jungle Beat drums at Gamestop for $1.99, but since I don't have the game and couldn't find it there, I didn't buy them. I get the feeling that was a bad idea.

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Sony did the same thing with the PS2, they made several million consoles (at least) poorly because they didn't care, they knew after 2-3 years you would buy a new console and they get more money. I will never forgive them for that.
True, and they got away with it too, just like Microsoft.

TheBrew wrote: View Post
What was really amazing for me was that it was a launch title and still had amazing graphics years after it was released. The sequel wasn't quite as good (the on foot levels were a bit clumsy), but still worth picking up because it is still more of the same.

I also want to recommend Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Paper Mario.
I really want Paper Mario. It just looks like something that would be fun.

clint g wrote: View Post
6079SmithW wrote: View Post
I've had my 360 for four years and never had any problems besides occasional overheating, which is fixed by keeping a fan blowing on the console or restarting it when it does happen. Yes, I play it for hours and hours non-stop at a time and the overheating is still rare. I don't know why all you guys had/are having issues with consoles breaking.
You're the exception to the rule. There is no debate that there were design flaws with the xbox 360. The repair policy for the RROD is proof enough of this. The fact that you haven't received it yet means you're lucky. It doesn't mean that the flaw never existed.
Agreed. Smith, you were lucky. I returned mine 3 times. I knew people who kept returning them time and time again, and as long as they didn't have to pay for it, they kept returning the dead 360s for refurb ones. At some point, though, Microsoft stopped exchanging, and if you got a bad one, you were SOL, but they'd only charge you $100 to repair something that was their fault.
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote