View Single Post
Old March 29 2011, 08:05 AM   #532
RaymondJames
Captain

Re: RPG Recruitment Thread

Salutations,
I understand that these recent years have seen a decline in active Star Trek RPGs. I myself know how hard it is to find an RPG that stays active and doesn't die off. Everytime you join one, you risk making friends and the RPG shutting down. Sadly, this is more and more common. I would like to let you all know that there are still some very active RPGs out there.

In December 2009, I am members of a RPG that I belonged to came together to form the USS Mata Hari, an RPG that had elements from classic Star Trek infused with Section 31's world of espionage and betrayl, twist and turns around every corner. The USS Mata Hari RPG has been home to a variety of online players, fantastic writers from all across the globe.

We tend to have an average of 10 to 15 active members playing well developed characters of various species. The setting of the USS Mata Hari-A (and presently the USS Mata Hari-A) has remained simmilar since its conception. However, the epsiodes have progressed the plot from the year 2312 to its present time setting of 2314. There have been 4 Commanding Officers over the years (all played by the same player). The present Commanding Officer, is Patrick Buchanan, a man with a haunting history.

Openings on the USS Mata Hari-A's Senior & Junior Staff are rare and when they do happen, they tend to be filled within the day. We are a very private group and members tend to be people whom myself or my members have played with before on another RPG, or family and friends. However, because of my personal philosophy that an RPG needs to have diversity no only among its characters, but also with its members; I have decided to open the RPG to all of the public. There is currently one open spot on the Senior Staff, that of Chief Operations Officer. There are also a few spots open in the Junior Staff (Assistant Chiefs).

Please take notice that the USS Mata Hari-A RPG is not everyone's cup of tea. It is an RPG set in 2414 and though it stays cannon based up until the 2390s (The Post Nemesis novels), after that point, we have taken a freedom with the plot. In recent years, Scetion 31 had dropped its cloak to the Federation and is now working with Starfleet Intelligence thus the USS Mata Hari-A (Galaxy X aka Galaxy refit) has a crew that has served with Section 31 or Starfleet Intelligence. This RPG deals with Mature Content which includes violence, nudity, language, sexuality and some very dark and graphic writing.

We switched from one server provider to another. We have been with Zetaboard since early 2010 and have an accumalitive post count of 8,377 (as of Tuesday March 29th, 2011 at 2:47am Eastern Standard Time). This RPG can be quite demanding. You as a member are not required to post every day, but please note that if you can not check in everyday, the plot may progress several pages by the next time you log in and you may be lost if you do not catch up on reading. We are very respectful of our members and understand fully that work, education, family, and private/personal time comes first. In fact,we rather that you do focus on these matters in stead of the RPG. You should only join and be part of Mata Hari if you have free time to use. Life is too short and valuable to waste on RPGs, but if you are looking for a second family, a place to be yourself and unleash your creativity, check us out,

you may find yourself part of this wonderful team.
Current Direction? Well, after re-establishment of peace between the Klingon Empire and Gorn Hedgemony as well as the quelling of the reformed Typon Pact, all seems to be going well. Peace seems to be flurishing until new threats have begun to surface. Among the new threats for Mata Hari-A's Season 3 are a small radical, racist Terrorist group known as Terra Pax who have abducted Admiral Krull Larkon (Current head of STI and former Commanding Officer of Mata Hari & Mata Hari-A). Also, in the dark shadows is an enemy long since believed to be destroyed (Since the Invasion of 2381), The Borg.

Check us out at http://s1.zetaboards.com/ussmatahari/index/