Old March 29 2011, 03:58 AM   #490
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Perhaps not. The problem still arises: that still included Cardassian civilians on Bajor.
There's a very big difference between committing mass murder against millions of people on their native land and committing small-scale attacks against "civilians" who were part of an invading and occupying foreign culture.
Why put "civilians" in quotes? Were they somehow not civilians in reality?

Is it the case, then, that their very existance on Bajor made them compliant--thereby justifying Bajoran attacks directly targeting civilian lives? Isn't that generalizing on the basis of race?
What would an actual Cardassian civilian - meaning, somebody who is not involved with the government or the military, and thus not working as part of the occupation force - even be doing on Bajor in the first place? Not counting family members, of course.

Sci wrote: View Post
I somehow doubt that she would have advocated detonating nuclear weapons in the middle of downtown Lakarian City, though.
Kira might not have, I agree. However, there may have been some of her compadres in the resistance who were not so accommodating. And years later, there's the Maquis, who definitely had some people like that as well (i.e. Eddington).
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote