Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old March 28 2011, 04:17 PM   #381
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Minecraft

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
By the way, the little script I wrote to automate uploading is pretty simple and I'd be happy to share it with you guys if you want it. It's just a batch file and an FTP script, and then you use the Windows scheduler to have it run as frequently as you want.
What do you need to run it? Because I caught the Minecraft bug the other night and spent yesterday building a bridge over to my monster trap, and now I have a hankering to convert that area into some sort of containment facility with walls and warning signs everywhere about the dangers of a containment breach. The world I uploaded is already out of date.
Nothing other than Windows. I just have a batch file and it uses the command-line FTP client built into Windows. I'm sure it would be easy as pie to write a *nix shell script to do something similar, too.

All you need is an FTP server where you have permission to upload stuff.
Derp derp, I'm an idiot. You also need a command-line zip utility for packaging the world files. I use 7zip, but you could use anything. Maybe I could turn it into a Python script...
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote