View Single Post
Old March 27 2011, 12:00 AM   #2097
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now?

Salt & vinegar is fantastic -but nothing surpasses Remoulade when it comes to dips for chips!

Anyways, I'm now nibbling on some Tuc Original's while drinking a bottle of champagne (I didn't capitalize the name, as it actually isn't from there but made across the border; in Germany )[/QUOTE]

I looked Remoulade up in google images..is it at all like what the British call salad cream? (which is disgusting imho). I do like chips with mayo, the US or Canadian kind as Aus mayo is closer to salad cream and tastes like food acid.

I am looking fwd to FINALLY trying poutine on chips. Apprently there is a place in the city, Lord of the Fries, which does it. I hear it is not particularly good but it will have to do. I first heard about poutine over 10 years ago and I've been curious about it ever since.

hmm.. looking at the Lord of the Fries menu I suspect I'm gong to be disappointed as poutine is supposed to have cheese curd and gravy and this says "shredded cheese". If it actually looks like nothing but standard gravy and shredded cheese I will have to pass

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote