View Single Post
Old March 26 2011, 09:31 PM   #122
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Worst Star trek actor ever

Also Bernie Casey in the Maquis was pretty bad
That's my vote, too. Start at 5:30, youch. It's weird watching Brooks play the "bantering" scenes right, and Casey get it all wrong, like they're in two different scenes rather than having a conversation. You're pretty bad when you made Brooks look like a perfectly natural, non-stilted actor by comparison.

I think Chris did an awesome Kirk.
Chris Pine did a great job with Kirk as written. That Kirk is not the same guy as Shatner played. I think some folks miss that little detail. If you don't like how the character was written, take it up with Kurtzman and Orci. Considering how completely the box office validated heir writing, good luck with that.
Pine IS a juvenile punk, so it's not that much of a reach. He's just playing himself.
Just on the basis of his performance in Smokin' Aces, he has enough dramatic reach as an actor to successfully play two completely divergent characters. I have no idea if he is a "juvenile punk" in RL since I don't know him personally, but he's shown that he is not limited to "playing himself," unless he's schizophrenic.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote