View Single Post
Old March 26 2011, 07:16 PM   #114
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Dune Production is In Trouble

Oddly enough the Lynch movie was my first introduction to "Dune". I had no idea that it was based on a classic science fiction novel until my mom told me. I was about eleven or twelve when I first watched it with mom and up until then my only subjection to science fiction was Star Trek. After I saw "Dune" my perception of what sci-fi was changed drastically.

When I learned that there were a whole series of novels, and that the "Dune" novel in particular was different from the movie I knew that I had to read these. My first copy of "Dune" was my mom's. After that I bought my own as well as old copies of the rest of the series from an used bookstore. Since then I've been hooked on the series.

As stated earlier and in previous "Dune" threads I much prefer the mini-series and "Children of Dune" (which is the superior movie by far out of the two). John Harrison did a much more faithful adaption of the book than Lynch managed. I think that Lynch wanted to blow everyone away by showing off the world and the mysticism of the universe and forgot about the characters and plot frankly.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote