View Single Post
Old March 25 2011, 12:44 AM   #470
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
But you noted that the Soviets would suspect the US because of the technology needed for nukes. If the rogues were simply blowing up the Soviet's own nukes, it would look like what it probably was: anti-Communist rebels.
And that's still a very bad thing.

The fact that it wasn't activated for years.
There's no reason to assume that. More likely it just had a long incubation period.

Yes, they were--just not a full-scale one. Recall "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost", the Klingon saga with the Martok-changeling (who was around since "Way of the Warrior"), etc.
Leaving aside your misrepresentation of Homefront/Paradise Lost. Nobody knew of a Changeling replacing Martok until after 31 had already delivered the virus into the Great Link. That can't be used as evidence that "the Dominion was already at war with the Federation" because nobody knew about it.

Principles which frankly need a lot of looking over. The Just War theory is good--in theory. However, many times, for the reasons I have stated, it's impractical and self-defeating.
Are you really advocating for a Crusader mentality here? You and Bombs Away LeMay woulda been real good buddies.

Halliwell wrote: View Post
I must have read the wrong book. Where was Section 31 in Rough Beasts of The Empire?
Dancing Doctor wrote: View Post
Everywhere
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote