Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old March 23 2011, 04:51 AM   #359
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Thanks Rob. I'll re-download and give it a look tomorrow.

Gaaah! I reminded myself tonight why I stick with stone tools. I was digging around in a cave with when I spotted five blocks of iron on the floor. As I dug out the last one, I looked up at some more blocks on the ceiling and stumbled right into another cave right underneath mine that was full of lava. Lost my bow, clock and compass, a lovely diamond pick and sword and a bunch of iron armor. *sniff*

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
I'm new to the beta version of Minecraft, just got it today. I spent most of the time collecting wood and dirt and looking up what it does on the Minecraft Wiki. Then at night when the skeletons came I had failed to make myself any sort of weapon or shelter so I just dug a 5-block-deep hole in the ground and hid there until I got bored and restarted
Welcome the Minecraft man. Congrats, you've just experienced the typical 'first night'.
And really, unless they're desperate, even experienced players find shelter at night. Those monsters are nasty.

Best strategy is to explore and gather wood and food in the day, and burrow into a hillside and mine at night. Gather raw material until you're ready to start on a proper building.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; March 23 2011 at 05:37 AM.
Cutter John is online now   Reply With Quote