View Single Post
Old March 22 2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Re: The Adjustment Bureau: Discussion and Grading

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
Daneel wrote: View Post
Locutus summed it up fairly well: watchable, enjoyable, but not especially memorable, and it really didn't explore the interesting premise to its full potential,
I agree. I did like the love story and the on-screen chemistry between Blunt and Damon was very nice.

I felt a bit of Inception at times as well as Johnny Mnemonic (1995) with the chase scenes.

The idea of the doors in The Adjustment Bureau though reminds me of the thread about teleportation in SciFi . It uses the old SciFi/Fantasy plot device the portal.

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
honestly, would probably make for a more entertaining TV series
Not sure I agree with this. It would only not have the two lead actors from the film but I think it would be similar to the route of the possibility of Inception turning into a TV series that this thread discussed:
Could "Inception" work as a TV series? (hypothetical)
Well, not a TV series with the original actors or characters but the whole concept of this idea of a group of MIB-ian men going around doing things to make "adjustments" to events. I found that vastly more entertaining and interesting than other aspects of the movie and there's a lot there that could be explored and, really, a TV series would be the best place to explore all of the aspects of it fully.