An Officer wrote:
^It's so strange! Apparently, it happens if you get a particular type of pine nut which can be mistaken for the type we usually eat.
So, this one is not actually supposed to be edible?
Did you go foraging yourself or something?
I can't imagine they're selling inedible food at your local grocery store!
Nah, I got them at Trader Joe's. From what I've read online they sometimes wind up in the mix if the nuts come from China or Korea. They're not toxic or anything, they just have this weird temporary effect.
Now I am eating a salad: spinach, fresh basil leaves, heirloom tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, avocado, chickpeas. No pine nuts!