View Single Post
Old March 19 2011, 12:51 PM   #720
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

Niorah wrote: View Post
SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Also, I ordered a 16 GB USB flash drive to extend the puny 20 GB HDD space on my 360.
These days you can find some very good deals on the internet for a second hand 120Gb Xbox HDD to substitute yours, and a transfer cable to go with it so not to lose all the content you already have.

That's what I did and I'll never look back.
Yep, I know - that's definitely the way to go in terms of bang for the buck!

The USB flash drive is more of a short-term solution to keep my expenses down this month.
Holdfast wrote: View Post
SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Holdfast wrote: View Post
... I did also pay for some new (and some old but re-collared in contrasting colours) bespoke shirts, which I ordered a while back but only received yesterday:

Very nice! I have quite a few similar shirts although I'm in the process of changing my wardrobe to "plain white shirts + tie only" after watching too much Mad Men
Thanks SPCTRE. I'm pretty far from being a clothing minimalist. Not orthogonally positioned to it, but pretty far in the opposite direction, so I could never go white shirt only. It is a very smart business look though, if done right.

Casual looks are harder with just white shirts though I think, esp. if you like earthy colours for casual items. White can be too stark against those I feel.
It is a very smart look and to be honest I'm pretty much overdressed for the company I work at, but what the hell - I enjoy wearing that stuff

Your point about the casual looks is also very true, I feel pretty much the same - which is why I'm not getting rid of my old shirts

I just wish I didn't need extra-long sleeves, that would definitely make it easier and less expensive to get new shirts.
Philitas of Cos, Greek intellectual, is said by Athenaeus to have studied arguments and erroneous word usage so intensely that he wasted away and starved to death. British classicist A. Cameron speculates that P. died from a wasting disease which his contemporaries joked was caused by his pedantry.
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote