View Single Post
Old March 16 2011, 03:36 PM   #249
Too Much Fun
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

Futureshop is that a Canadian outlet like Best Buy in the States?
Yeah, but Canada has Best Buy too. I didn't like "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", but I plan to at least watch the first movie in its trilogy at some point. I hope it's better. I haven't had a lot of luck with westerns so far. I just saw "High Noon", and I liked it more than most westerns I've seen, but not all the way through (there were parts when I got restless).

The four things that made the movie worth watching were Gary Cooper's performance, the church scene, the female characters (much tougher and more interesting that most women characters in westerns, if they have women at all), and the very entertaining and well-shot shootout the end. The church scene was hilarious! To those who have seen this movie, did that scene remind anyone else of those town hall meetings or mob scenes on "The Simpsons"?

With all these different people yelling out amusingly frantic comments one after another, I couldn't help but think of that. There's even one woman who practically yells, "Will someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?" I wonder if this scene inspired those bits on "The Simpsons".
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote